With Ramadan 2017 upon us, Muslims all over the world are fasting (to abstain from food and drink) from dawn to dusk and are deep in spiritual thought and repentance. With that in mind, it is important to keep daily meals fuss-free, quick and easy. The latest trend at Iftar at the moment is clean and healthy eating. It is all about the savoury revolution !!
In my home, I am keeping it simple and nutritious with more wholewheat additions and protein-based appetizers. Of course, I cannot throw out the family favourites of samosas and springrolls, but I believe, everything must be in moderation. You have to keep the family interested at meal times and cannot replace all the foods that they enjoy. I have included more mezze style food with dips and salads. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook to enjoy my Iftar Inspiration daily.
Today, I share with you my roulade with a difference, it is delicious and can be served at Iftar or an appetizer at a braai or at dinner.
Below, I have also shared a few links to my all-time savoury treat recipes that are currently on the blog.
Look forward to another interesting recipe next week !!
- For a lighter Iftar, try these vegetarian sandwiches :
2. This delicious dip is packed with beetroot goodness, use it to dip veggie sticks :
3. This corn chaat is a lovely appetizer, with loads of crunch :
4. For something a little more filling, try these pot pies, creamy and delicious :
5. Add some Mexican flair to your table, with mini tortillas :
6. A light vegetarian fritter :
7. Click on this Yuppiechef article, for a delicious shish taouk and homemade dukkah recipe :
8. A Middle Eastern delight :
9. Some Indian inspiration :
10. Flaky puff pastry wheels, which can be adapted to any filling of your choice :
11. One of my favourites :
12. These fritters take sweetcorn crumpets to a whole new level :
13. These are great with chicken added on :
14. For a healthier alternative :
15. Try this baked dish as a light meal for Iftar :